TRIVIA WITH THE BENS!
Virtual Science Trivia Night
Sponsored by Capital Science Communicators
Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
Game Starts at 7:00 p.m. Pacific
Download the Trivia Answer Sheet:
Print out or type directly in PDF!
Read Trivia Questions Live via Twitter!
Hear Trivia Questions Live via Audio/Video Line!
Available only to CapSciComm Professional and Student Members
(Not yet a member? Join CapSciComm Today!)
Pour yourself an adult beverage or your favorite mocktail or fizzy water — join us again this Tuesday for TRIVIA WITH THE BENS! We want to thank all of you so very much in continuing to support our game, with tonight being our 14th outing!
About Our Game:
Our format is four rounds of eight questions each, and the questions will get a little more difficult with each round (our format is a fond tribute to the Fox & Goose pub quiz hosted by Kevin Ice for many years).
Since we are sponsored as a Capital Science Communicators #CapSciCommLive event, all the questions will have a STEM connection to them — and we may also sprinkle in questions related to our Sacramento or Northern California region!
Our House Rules:
- Teams: There’s no limit on how many people to a team. Whether you’re playing solo, or with your family or roommates, or even remotely with friends over text or chat, come up with your team name and join us! (And we love it when you tweet team selfies! Make sure you tag @TriviaWithBens and #CapSciCommLive!)
- Questions: Ben and Ben will be posting each question on our Twitter feed at twitter.com/TriviaWithBens. Live audio/video line is available to current CapSciComm Professional and Student Members only.
- Scoring: We’ll read out answers after each round — you are on your honor to score your own answer sheets. (No partial points are given in our game.)
- No Peeking! Finally, no checking your phone or the internet or your home bookshelf for answers while playing! This isn’t a Googling contest!
- Winners Circle: To have your scoresheet verified for the Winners Circle, please tweet a photo of your completed answer sheets and tag @TriviaWithBens or email that photo to [email protected]. We’ll verify your scores and announce the Winners Circle on the following day!
Thank you all for continuing to keep our local community vibrant and united during these unprecedented times. Together, we can stay strong and stay connected — and #KeepScienceSpicy!
See you on Tuesday night!
Ben Nicholson and Ben Young Landis
Check out the winners and full thread from our July 21st Trivia Night! (P.S. to other trivia hosts: Please be kind and credit us if you’re planning to poach our questions. We all work hard on these ?)